Thursday, March 22, 2018

Moggie Minor Van

Moggie Minor van

The front of Didsbury Green looked a little empty without a road vehicle lined up for loading or unloading. Picking a suitable model was a bit tricky - I don't want to pin down the era or location of the layout. 

Option 1 was, of course, a VW van. Since only a post-1968 Bay Window version is available in the scale at the moment, I felt that would look a bit incongruous with steam locos cuffing around behind it. 

Which brings us to Option 2 - the classic Moggie Minor. 

You can't really go wrong. OK, the car still dates to post 1948, even later in fact for this single part windscreen version, but it always looks vintage. The design having been completed in 1941 helps a lot. That it looks so very different from modern vehicles does too. 

My model is from the Classix series. It's been matt varnished and provided with transfers from a source I can't remember. The phone number is different on each side too as there weren't two identical ones on the sheet. The finishing touch is a bit of weathering powder dusted on and then wiped off with a wet finger. 

I think I driver stood at the back would finish the scene, and think I have just the man for the job...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does late 50s sound OK?

I believe split screen Morris Minor production ended somewhere around 1956.