Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Bonnet detailing

Fun time - the body goes together well enough so I get to move on to the detailing stage. Plastic rivets are supplied - these being Cambrian Models. Spotted in place using Revell Contacta glue, followed by a generous wash of liquid solvent, they work very well. I decided that the long panels deserved 6 rather than 4 lumps, it looks better even if the maintenance crews need to do more spannering.

No handles are supplied but a length of 2mm diameter brass wire was pulled out, bent and cut to length. Forced into pre-drilled holes, I had to use more solvent to fix as I was working at the model railway club and forgot to take any superglue. It seems to have worked.

The "cab" is more generous than I expected for the driver. I need to do some research to see what controls are required.

No comments: