Saturday, December 02, 2017

Saturday Film Club: Scarab Mechanical Horse




Quite a long film this week -a promotional film by Scammell for thier "mechanical horse". 

Watching this, I get the feeling I really need more of these useful beasts on any layout I built. I also think that I need a wider variety of trailer, especially the (apparently) common municipal rubbish collecting variant. 

Speaking of which, why has the word "municipal" fallen out of favour? 

Anyway, as well as the vehicles themselves, there's loads of fantastic footage of industrial sites in the background. I wonder if some of these buildings ever looked new? 

3 comments:

Duncan Young said...

It's a great film, seen before and as well as a bit of focus on the vehicles it gives modellers and insight into townscapes and workflows that have disappeared

r9robins said...

Unfortunately, this video is no longer available.
Does anyone know why?

r9robins said...

Unfortunately, this video is no longer available.
Does anyone know why?