Sunday, December 31, 2017

Miss-chief on the water


Let's end 2017 with a finished project. After a few bumps along the way, my vintage speedboat, "Miss-Chief" is ready. 

Towards the end, I hit a few snags - the can of red spray I used disappeared with the rudder still to do. Its replacement isn't quite the same shade but close enough that I can live with it until the correct one re-appears. 

As I prepared the model for its launch, the steering servo stopped working. Replacing it wasn't too hard, but a half hour job I could have done without. 

You are, of course, expecting some action shots now. Well, sorry. You see I got the model to the water, and fired it up. The motor made a noise but there was no movement. I tried reverse, still nothing. 

Then I remembered. 

I'd taken the propeller off for painting and not put it back on. Oops.

 

2 comments:

Nick Brad said...

It could have been worse, you could have forgotten to tighten it and have it now lay on the bottom of the lake :)

Happy New Year to you and yours, here's to a great 2018. (In which I will finish those dioramas, but I need to locate a replacement Hornby viaduct as mine has vanished in to the darkest depths of storage)

Anonymous said...

I guess that gives you material for further blog entries next year.

Talking of next year, I hope it goes well.