Saturday, October 28, 2017

Saturday Film club: Let me talk about Cake Boxes



Yes, it's me doing telly again. This time I'm explaining the BRM Cake Box competition we launched in November. 

I'm really pleased with the way this competition has taken off. Nearly 30 build threads are running on the site and I know ScaleModelScenery have sold several laser-cut diorama bases to suit. Sadly, they didn't exist when I recorded this film but then the rules allow you to use anything as a base, it just has to fit in the box. 

Some of the ideas are brilliant and it's great to actually get people modelling something.

2 comments:

Huw Griffiths said...

"It's great to actually get people modelling something."

No. No. No. That will never do.

You know, as well as me, that the idea of model railway magazines is to get people buying red, blue and green boxes.

Meanwhile, the real idea of forum sites is for people to talk about railway models (especially RTR) - then moan about how expensive they are - before threatening to "do one" at the first hint of a dissident view.

Well, perhaps, that might be a view, held by certain cynics.

I hope you are able to prove them wrong.


Huw.

dana said...

it's now November phill . Launched in the November BRM more like.