Saturday, October 07, 2017

Making plans for XTC



XTC – THIS IS POP 

A brand-new 70-minute film on one of Britain’s best-loved and most influential bands of modern times, XTC.

Emerging from the late 1970’s new wave punk explosion XTC amassed a devoted following with hit singles Making Plans For Nigel, Senses Working Overtime, Dear God and Mayor of Simpleton.

A colorful and vibrant journey into the world of XTC and their alter-ego psychedelic band The Dukes of Stratosphear – the film features brand new interviews with Andy Partridge, Colin Moulding, Dave Gregory and Terry Chambers.

Through a mixture of animation, archive and specially-shot sequences, the film opens-up the world of XTC and into the brilliant minds of principle songwriters – Messrs. Partridge & Moulding.


"Why are you telling us about a programme covering a 1970s pop group that is broadcast on Sky?", I hear you cry, "It's not like you have Sky yourself so you won't be watching it."

That is true dear reader. But I've known for some time that thanks to the efforts of ModelU and my mate Paul's paintbrush, the stars of the show have been replicated in miniature. They will (apparently) be seen riding trains at Pendon.

It's a bit of a shame I'm missing this as I quite like a bit of XTC, however I shall console myself with a World-shaped biscuit (to feed my face) and all being well, a trip to the pub.

Hold on, they will have Sky...

No comments: