Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Warehouse Wednesday: Bridgnorth railwaymans cottage

Railwaymans cottage

With an hour to kill in Bridgnorth a few days ago, I wandered over to the Severn Valley Railway. The last train had arrived and the loco was being put away, but mooching around, I spotted this little building behind the engine shed. 

I'm sure plenty of people will be able to tell me much more about it, but at first glance, this looks to be a classic railwayman's cottage. Hardly a generous abode, it has a garden suitable for growing plenty of vegetables plus close proximity to the shed. 

It's definitely the sort of building anyone modelling a steam era MPD could use. Not too bad a scratchbuild other than the arched brickwork over the window tops (I'd use Wills) and fancy bargeboards.

No comments: