This is the picture of a bad day. When I took it, I didn't know it was going to get worse.
All I had done was pop the transfers on a Slaters kit. They are lovely waterslide letters and went on well. What happened next was my fault.
To make the letter sit down into the grooves between the planks, I used copious amounts of Micro Sol. This worked well so once I thought it had dried, I decided to finish up with a quick spray of Testors matt varnish.
This caused the transfers to bubble up. Now this might have been a reaction to the varnish, or simply me warming things up with a haridryer expanded air trapped underneath the latter.
More Micro sol and some prodding helped a bit and eventually I rescued the situation to my satisfaction. Not as good as when first applied, but acceptable. Then I patted the transfer with a paper towel and after 3 dabs, it came off and screwed itself up...