Thursday, February 16, 2017

N gauge Wickhams


On the next BRM DVD, I'll be building an BH Enterprises N gauge Wickham trolley kit. To do this for telly, I needed some part-built models for the "here's one I built earlier" moments. When filming this stuff, you don't want to be hanging around too much for glue to dry, or have to clean up ALL the mould lines before moving on. The camera guys are watching and they don't have all day.

Of course, this left me with a little pile of half-built kits. Needing something to do while demonstrating, I took them along and spent a few moments in between chats wielding the brushable superglue to put all the bits together.

At least now I have completed models so I'm less likely to lose any parts. Now all I need to do is work out what to do with them all...

2 comments:

Nick Brad said...

Ebay them, remember to include the words "Ultra Rare" and "unique" in your title, that alone doubles the value.....

Huw said...

... Not to mention "kit built" - "constructed by professional modelmaker" - "as seen on (BRM) TV" - "collect the set" - or "published author".

Do you ever get fed up of all the hype used by certain ... errm ... well known ... merchants?

Seriously though, I take it there aren't any plans for a track maintenance depot layout in a future issue of BRM?

Well, it's either that or scattering the things across a few N gauge layouts.