Thursday, May 12, 2016

Table and chairs


4mm scale table and chairs

Laser cutting is a marvelous thing. The ability to produce perfectly cut out parts never ceases to amaze me. Given the chance, a cutter is the one bit of kit I'd add to my dream workshop. 

The photo shows a set of table and chairs in 4mm scale by modelrailwayscenery.com. You'd expect such tiny models to be difficult to put together, but no. The chair sides plug into the back, a drop of glue making the joint permanent. Then the front spacer thing goes in, and you have to orientate it properly as the holes at the end in the front legs are rectangular not square (I think, they are soooo small) and finally the seat drops in place. 

No cutting, sanding or trimming. So annoyingly crisp too. 

(No I'm not buying a laser cutter. I've seen what I want and it's £10k. And makes noise and smells. Of course, if I had the dream workshop then that wouldn't be an issue, it could have its own room.)

No comments: