Sunday, May 01, 2016

It was 20 years ago today...


20 years ago this weekend, I saw the advert above attached to the van in the photo. After a test drive, I handed over a cheque and the van became mine. 

Now it's up for sale as for a quarter of the time I've owned it, Ashley  has been off the road as I've been to busy to use him. The price has gone up a bit but I've replaced a lot of metal, an engine, interiror and the paint twice since 2006. He now needs a new home who will take him out and enjoy the VeeDub life. 


The current advert is here - and yes, I will move quite a bit on the price. 


2 comments:

Stuart Firth said...

Are you sure you won't regret this? Mind you if it allows you to build the Chairman's challenge full size in your garage maybe it will be worth it?!

Phil Parker said...

If I had the space to store it properly at home, or within a very short walk, then I'd love to keep it. Truth is, I haven't used it for 5 years and even when it lived on the drive, didn't get out and about in it as much as it deserved.

Anyway, in the garage is my somewhat broken Beetle...