Monday, March 07, 2016

Inspired by Melbridge Dock

Look at this:


Above is the stone warehouse on my layout Melbridge Dock. Now look at this:


Mike Hunter bought this layout from eBay and the builder has obviously been influenced by our layout big time.


He's also picked up on our green, curved top gates straddling the baseboard joint.

I'm really flattered by this. For someone to have looked at something we built and think, "I fancy making one of those." and then actually go away to have a go is a real compliment. It's also nice to know that people looking at layouts on display at exhibitions are taking away more than just the contents of their carrier bags. The stuff in their heads is probably more valuable...

1 comment:

Nick Brad said...

They do say that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I don't think I've ever seen this before outside of the GWR country terminus cliche. Congratulations.