Tuesday, February 02, 2016

A Lister for the garden

Lister

Today's slightly random picture is an IP Engineering Lister diesel kit I built many years ago.

Picked up cheaply when they were selling some excess kits off, I built the model and then sold it on eBay to help fund my Manx model obsession.

As I recall, it was a pleasant enough kit and looks very nice. At £80 it's not expensive for a garden railway model. The driver is a Bachmann G gauge figure with minimal modification.

Somewhere under there is a motor and battery box. No room for radio control I suspect unless you are very clever.

1 comment:

James Finister said...

I think you could just about R/C it using the cheap and cheerful kit out of a budget R/C car. The big shortcoming of this kit for me has always been the excessive width.

Of course these days you could always build a 7 1/4" gauge one....