Sunday, November 29, 2015

Northampton & District Narrow Gauge Modellers show 2015

Tractor shed

Small shows can be just as much, if not more fun, than larger ones.

45 minutes drive from me is the village of Weedon Bec and in the hall was a little show for the narrow gauge fan.

There was a reasonable selection of layouts or varying qualities and a few trade stands. Catering was good with delicious tea and cake.

The main joy though was all the chat. We spent just over 2 hours at the show and had a thoroughly good time. I met people I know and people I don't who know me. We talked about unusual little railways. It was very, very, friendly. In fact everyone seemed to be having a good time.

If you wanted tail-chasers, there were a couple of Ffestiniog layouts to keep you happy, although neither was home to trains hurtling around as the real thing doesn't do this.

Yardley Wharf

Layout I wanted to build was Yardely Wharf, a minimum space model with only 2 points. Tall buildings and a deep quayside were right up my street. I'd like to do it with the atmosphere generate by Chris Payne's excellent Brink Valley Tramway.

Brink Valley Tramway

A fun day out - more please!

More photos on Flickr.

No comments: