Tuesday, October 13, 2015

I've been scanned!

Phil Scanned

While at the Great Electric Train show last weekend, thanks to a deal done through my local club, I've been 3D scanned by Modelu.

The process is simple - you stand still while Alan walks around you waving a tablet PC with a couple of lenses on the back. For show, this is connected to a big screen and if you are pointing in the right direction, you can see the image build up.

A couple of minutes later, the whole 3D person appears on scree, first in white and then fully coloured.

The effect is amazing. As you can see, my shirt is a complicated large check pattern but it's captured it. I'm holding a notepad gricer style. The only omission is my glasses, which confuse the scanner and defeat the printer.

I've ordered a 4 and 7mm version of me. When they arrive, I'll post the results here.

Modelu website.

5 comments:

Mr Taylor Anthony said...

Best of luck painting that shirt in 00...

Anonymous said...

Not forgetting the rucksack - anyone might be forgiven for thinking you've been to a couple of model railway exhibitions ...

neil whitehead said...

.......and Phil is modelling the latest trends in trainspotter wear this Autumn. Notice the delicately crumpled jeans with brown brogues and the colour co-ordinated hoodie. Coming to a high street store near you, soon or can be purchased on line.

Apple Tree said...

Does a piece of cake come in the accessories pack ?

Mikkel said...

Alan's figures are a small revolution in my view. It'll be interesting to see the result. You'll have to model your 4mm glasses yourself, I guess.