Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Evening sail

Evening sailing

Sadly, the picture above doesn't really do this moment in time justice. When I took it, I was sat beside the boating lake in a late summer evening.

My boat was pootling around the water leaving a lovely wake. No one else was sailing, I had the place to myself.

With a lot of work to finish and many looming deadlines, I needed a bit of a break and some random relaxing sailing proved to be just the ticket. Operating a battery powered radio control boat isn't taxing. Most of the time I left the speed alone and just weaved the model in and out of the buoys dotted around the lake. I made patterns on the water surface, chased a few carp as they surfaced to snatch flies from the air.

And relaxed.

Which is what it's all about really.

No comments: