Monday, August 18, 2014

Little box



Not made from ticky taky, but from plywood. Quite nice 3mm thick stuff actually. This once was picked up in a junk shop last week for a whopping 50p.

No, it didn't come with any chocolates inside. Not a problem as I don't like liqueurs much anyway.

I don't know about you, but I find wooden boxes irresistible, even ones intended for the rubbish bin. For a change though, I knew I had a use for this one. The cigar box (also wood) that holds my collection of Kibri/Knightwing crates, barrels, boxes, pallets etc mouldings, is over full. The lid won't shut and the contents keep spilling out.

At 22 by 16 by 6 cm, this box will hold them all with space to spare.

Before filling, I gave the wood three coats of Ronseal well 'ard floor varnish from a tin knocking around in the garage. A light sanding between each has resulted in a nice smooth finish. It probably sounds daft to spend an hour doing this on a 50p box, but I'm pleased with the results.

Now, what to do with a newly empty cigar box?



No comments: