Saturday, February 22, 2014

A few old models of lorries

Bedford Lorries

A slight hiatus in the build of my Cooper Craft Bedford is filled with old pictures of lorries I built back in the days when diecasts were horrible, unavailable or stupidly expensive.

The Bedfords above are a Spingside whitemetal kit (Blue) and converted Airfix Emergency Set Fire Tender (BR Colours). Despite its shortcomings, I have a feeling that the latest model will hold up quite well against both of these. The metal model is an especially odd shape with too high a cab by the look of it. As I recall, it wasn't the easiest kit to put together either.

AEC Monarch

I've mentioned the Cooper Craft AECs I've built and here they are. I've always thought that for the money, this is a pretty good kit. The bottom of the windscreen isn't quite thought through, although if I'd glazed them with Krystal Klear this would have improved matters.

If I can remember the colours, I want to paint the new Bedford in the William Berry livery seen above. Green and cream are a nice combination and have a certain "vintage" look about them which sits well on old lorries.

1 comment:

Iain Robinson said...

That Springside Bedford has a very strange look, rather like a poor freehand drawing - nothing to do with your assembly which is excellent. I agree with your choice of colours for the livery, green and cream is perfect. I love the weathering on the Coopercraft lorries.