Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Top of the pole

Pole detailA slightly random Wednesday photo for you - the top of a telegraph pole from above.

The view is from Birmingham Moor Street station and appealed to me 'cos you don't often see poles from this angle.

We tend to assume telegraph pole = brown but this one is as green as the nearby foliage. Dipping a model version into a bottle of Humbrol Weathering powder in the same way you dip the liquorice into a sherbet dip would be the order of the day.

Also "interesting" is the ring of wire that the wires attach too. Reasonably easy to do but a nice touch. On the other hand, I suspect that only etching could do justice to the steps on the side. Not sure if I'd be keen enough to buy a back of etched telegraph pole steps myself, but I bet there's someone out there who would!

No comments: