Friday, November 08, 2013

Signalling hut - finished

Finished Hut

After all the work, a few finishing touches were required to complete the hut. The back half of the roof was fixed in place - the moulding wasn't nearly as sharp as the one used on the front, something I've noticed on Wills kits before.

After painting with Humbrol colours sort-of right for the GWR livery the real thing wears, a wash of track colour and light dusting with weathering powders finished the job.

It's a nice little model and like most Wills kits, very pleasant to put together. I know I've filled a lot of posts with the build but you could do the same job in an evening. It's just that I have a lot of work on at the moment so need to spin these things out to meet my post-a-day intentions.

And in case you are wondering why the model is sat on sand, the wires coming out of the bottom don't let it sit flat on a surface. When installed on a layout, I'll drill a hole for them to exit the baseboard.

No comments: