Thursday, December 13, 2012

That's an 07 isn't it?



I took a couple of trips to London last week. Each time the train passed by the Chiltern Railways Wembly depot, I looked out of the window and thought, "Blimey, that's an 07 isn't it?"

The engine in question certainly looked like an ex-BR Class 07. Admittedly it is painted bright blue but then it's only paint.

A little digging on the web and it looks like I'm the only person who thinks this. At least Rail-news.com and the writers on Flickr just list is as a Ruston-Hornsby loco so maybe I'm wrong. Perhaps it's a bit longer at the back. The photo above would appear to show a jackshaft drive.

If I were to try and model it, I recon a Silver Fox kit would do the job if you didn't fancy the full-fat Craftsman etched brass version anyway. Stick it on a standard 03/04 chassis and you'll be about right.



No comments: