Friday, October 12, 2012

P Class

It occurs to me that I've not featured a loco build on the blog for a while. It's also been a while since I've built a model for me and not with the intention of it appearing in print. Sometimes, it's easy for this not to be a hobby.

Anyway, my chosen subject is a Wills Finecast P Class tank. I bought the model years ago. While not something I'd normally consider, the P's were the only class of steam loco passed to work over the Hellingly Hospital Railway.

I think they were only passed at a time when BR was trying to explain how much work would be required to bring the line up to scratch if they wanted real engines rather than lines own electric one to handle services. As far as I know, a P never traversed the hospital tracks.

Anyway, the kit is whitemetal with a nickel silver chassis. Wheels are Romford and there is a motor and gearbox in the packing. At the time I bought the model, probably because it was cheap, I picked up all the bits to make it work. With a bit of luck, this will be a fairly quick build and a bit of fun. It's a lovely looking little loco anyway.

No comments: