Monday, March 12, 2012

Souvenir of Basingstoke

Basingstoke show was excellent - I'll fill in a longer post tomorrow once I've sorted out the photos and unscrambled my brain a bit.

In the meantime, here's the best buy I've made at a show in a long while. Regular readers will know that our 3mm scale layout, Flockburgh, arrives at exhibitions complete with a row of souvenirs in an effort to impart more seaside air than simply having a beech, bit of sea and some beach hits. Enough so you might be tempted to check your shoulders for guano...

These are unearthed from car boot sales, seaside resorts and now the bus enthusiasts stand at Basingstoke model railway exhibition. The truly horrible key rack I am holding in the photo was picked up for 50p

Bargain. All I need to do is add the town name (Flockburgh, not Basingstoke) and hang it on the fiddle yard. I'll even keep the photo as it looks just how I imagine the beach on our little bit of Scotland to be.

(Thanks to Chris Nevard for the use of the photo)

No comments: