Saturday, August 20, 2011

Promotional Tractor

Promo TractorI've written a novel. It's really funny, and now needs to find a publisher. Luckily my co-author is a bit of a marketing whizz and so we have some cunning plans.

One day we were having a coffee and cake (cake features heavily in our discussions) and the idea of attaching a promotional tractor to mailshots to publishers and agents floated across the table. Nothing more came of it but a few weeks later I was looking for a tiny farmers company car and picked up 3 plastic versions for 99p. As it was, they were a bit big for my immediate needs but looking at them I wondered if I could use my model making skills to re brand the toys.

Looking at them, on the side of the engine bay was a sticker that just said "Farm". Not very imaginative but for 33p each, what can I expect. The low cost had lead to cheap glue for the sticker and it peeled of cleanly to be replaced with a bit of paper showing out website address. This was printed on photo quality paper, you need to the higher resolution this allows so the tiny letters are readable, and stuck in place with a smear of UHU.

The end result looks very nice. They are too big to post with query letters sadly but I'm sure we'll find a use for them at some point.

And if you want to know more about the novel, click this link.

No comments: