Wednesday, May 11, 2011

90 degree clamp in Model Boats

After a long absense I'm back in the model boat press with a quick review of a very nice magnetic 90 degree clamp in the June 2011 issue of Model Boats Magazine.

I'm quite chuffed with this as the product originally came my way (or at least the advert did and I bought the product) via model railways. The supplier, EDM Models doesn't do boat stuff at all but then it's always been part of my modelling ethos that there is no reason to have these "chinese walls" between the different branches of the hobby. I know most people see me as a raving oddball for this attitude but that's there problem. Me, I just like making stuff and can't forget a technique just because it isn't railway or boat approved.

Of course, this way I do get to do the cross-hobby write ups and make some much needed cash !

No comments: