Monday, November 15, 2010

Hellingly locos

You gotta love eBay. Sometimes the strangest things pop up on it.

I have an alert set up for anything with the word "Hellingly" in it. Most of the time the results are platform tickets, maps or bits of Landrover. Once in a while though interesting items pop up. In this case, something from the model railway section.

Two things surprise me:
  • The seller has heard you need light for good photos but not that the light should come from behind whatever you are taking a picture of.
  • While I can understand building the locomotive, scratchbuilding the tramcar is different. It's not the easiest thing to do and unless you are planning to build a model of the line, and I have that particular prototype sown up thank you, why would you want it ?

Sadly I know no more. The models went for £57 which means someone has bought themselves a pair of second hand Tenshodo SPUDS for nearly the price of two new ones. I hope they models survive somewhere though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

In a blue Athearn box apparently, just to add to the mystery...