Sunday, September 19, 2010

First flight of the 500

Remember to charge your batteries - that's what I should have done. Instead, I plonked (sorry, carefully launched) the Club 500 boat on the pool in the garden with only the delivery charge inside them.

On the plus side this proved that everything worked, the boat sits on the water OK and I need to think about extra waterproofing to keep the wet stuff from creeping under the top.

Sadly though the only burst of top speed was for about 10 feet and then I was out of juice. It looks like this is going to be a pretty nippy boat though. She gets up on the plane almost instantly. The turning circle is pretty good too, I recon we can do a 180 degrees in about 4 feet when dead slow.

Maybe I'll enter the docking competition instead of the racing !

No comments: