Monday, December 21, 2009

Snowy track

Snowy trackPretty isn't it ?

When I don't have to drive to work, snow is lovely to look at. The garden railway is a bit buried at the moment but looks magical. I suppose I should consider adding a snow plough to the stock list but I prefer to think my little line it looks like one of those narrow gauge railways that doesn't see very much action. The ones usually descrbed as "slumbering".

Strange how we love hardly used railway isn't it ? Those lines that limped on from year to year making a loss and gradually falling apart. Rolling stock that looks "rustic" but must have been pretty uncomfortable to ride in. Trains that would have been hopeless as reliable transport but just the thing for enthusiasts with no where in particular to go.

Still, the photographs look nice.

No comments: