Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Finished Fox Walker


Finished Fox Walker
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker
The boiler fittings were nice and easy to fit and finish. Those Salter Safety valves are supplied as brass turnings which are very nice and delecate. the builder has to provide the arms at the top but that's painless enough using a bit of the supplied brass wire.

Three smokebox doors were included and all I had to do was work out which one was most appropriate. Since I didn't have a clear photo of the front of an early loco I used a process of deduction to work out which ones I couldn't use from pictures of rebuilt machines, and then used the one left over. I think it looks right.

All in all, this is a lovely looking model locomotive. The kits is fairly pain free and most of those problems are caused by the prototypes convoluted history. If you know your S&D locos (I don't) then the process becomes even easier. Of course I didn't have to do the painting, this model was to be delivered in primer. Perhaps then I really wood be cursing !

1 comment:

Chris Nevard Model Railways & Photography said...

This is super!
Just been reading the two 'Radstock Coal and Steam' books by Chris Handley where they feature in several shots. What a shame one never lasted in preservation.