Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Testing the Dock Tank


Dock Tank test
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
There is a difference between running a model on a rolling road and giving it a spin on a real layout. With Melbridge Dock at Leamington Show I took it along to try out. I wanted to be sure that points and badly laid track wern't going to throw up problems.

Result - the thing works very nicely. Slightly better than my model in fact. And it hasn't been run in yet or had any weight put in the tanks. I suppose this is a combination of my greater experience putting chassis together and the jig that helped overcome my incompetence and lined everything up properly first time. It's an expensive toy but for the regular chassis builder a boon.

It was popular too. We showed the unfinished locomotive to many visitors which explaining how the models are built. Perhaps we always ought to keep a part built kit with us when we exhibit.

No comments: