Sunday, December 07, 2008

Bits of Porter


Bits of Porter
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
What a lovely pile of model locomotive bits !

All the Porters have been tested and found working, their reward being reduced to a pile of parts ready for the transformation into beautiful finescale models. To keep track of the parts I used one of the Backwoods boxes as a tray and then some McDonalds wax paper condiment cups for the smaller bits.

Couplings and pony trucks have obviously been saved as they will go straight back on. Another pot holds saddle tank retaining screws, the fourth takes all those details that I'll re-use such as bells, whistles, plates and badges.

Apart from this I now have a selection of Porter cab and bunker parts which are, to me, pretty useless. Does anyone have a Porter with a damaged cab ? I may be able to help you out.

No comments: