Monday, September 01, 2008

Tinternet comes up trumps

miniphotosSometimes you get lucky. A thread on Model Boat Mayhem forum about HFM boat kits lead me to a link on the Westbourne Models web site which showed a boat very similar to the Pilot boat I'm building. According to the description is is a Nelson 40 pilot.

Off I headed to Google with the phrase "nelson 40 boat" which threw up a load of results including some useful pictures.

A very similar boat is far sale here.
This one has been sold.
Valonia looks pretty similar too.

There are a whole load of Nelson Pilot boats here.

The photo of the factory looks quite a lot like my workbench:
Nelson boats being built


There's a nice 45 footer for sale.


And this looks very similar to what I'm building too.


Finally - here is the manufacturer, Nelson Boats !

What I tend to do with all this information is grab the photos from the web (right click on them and select "Copy") and paste them onto a page in a DTP package (Word would work nearly as well). This give me pages of photos which can then be printed out for use at the workbench.

None of the pictures show the exact boat I'm building but there will be enough common features for me to use them when I need to answer questions about details that aren't shown in the images supplied with the kit.

No comments: