Thursday, September 18, 2008

Preparations


Screwdriver
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.

Sometimes, care an attention to detail when building things pays off. If I sound smug then it's 'cos I am. We set Flockburgh up this morning, the first time I've been on its legs for months, to test it in preparation for the weekend at Shenfield - and everything worked.

So there was a sticky point motor but I waggled that back and forth with my hand and it was fine after this.

A couple of dry joins were found too but heating them with the special exhibition soldering iron (it has over 6ft of lead so I can reach the baseboard easily with the plug on the floor) sorted these out.

A couple of the locos were sticky after the long lay-up but a waz (technical term) up and down the fiddle yard freed them up.

I just hope everything works as well after the early morning trip around the M25 !

No comments: