Monday, September 08, 2008

Kadet


Kadet box
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
I like to have a boat kit on the go even if I'm not working on it immediately. With this in mind I've hauled something out of the kit pile to tinker with when I'm not building model railways.

This kit is a now discontinued Billings Kadet. It came to me with some MacGregor radio control gear in an eBay auction. I wanted the radio for a vintage boat project and thought I'd sell the kit on eventually. When it arrived though I decided that the model looked so nice I'd hang on and build it myself.

Now I know I've just said no to more second hand kits of dubious parentage but I don't think this refers to Billings. I know their kits can be entertaining to build - the African Queen isn't quite as simple as you'd think for example - but generally they are some of the better ones. This model is apparently even suitable for beginners, which should be even better news for my chances of getting it on the water !

No comments: