Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Finished chassis


Finished chassis
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
With a deadline on the Barclay locomotive of this weekend, I pulled my finger out and finished the chassis. To be honest there wasn't really very much to do.

The white metal sandboxes and reservoirs were soldered on with the magic C&L 100 degree solder. A coat of primer was followed by Precision "Weathered black" brushed on. I prefer the thicker coat this gives and anyway I couldn't be bothered to set the airbrush up at the time.

This was all left to harden overnight and the mechanical bits were put back on. That gearbox works a treat as this is one of my most free running chassis ever. Wheels and cranks whirl round with no sign of tight spots or binding. I suppose that I had to get one right eventually !

No comments: