Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Boiler Fitted...


Boiler Fitted
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
...I think. Sitting down with a hot cup of tea and an even hotter soldering iron I took the plunge and separated the smokebox from the boiler. To my surprise the nothing fell apart as I'd expected.

Putting a wire through the washout plugs gave a handy indication of how accurate the fit was - if the wire was level so were all the other holes. I'd made it three quarters of the way through the tea before I was happy.

Then the smokebox went back and I cleaned up. But I'm still not sure. I think the boiler might go up towards the front but I can't be sure. Measuring the top seems to indicate that everything is OK but sometimes I look at it and see a gradient, sometimes not.

Time for another cup of tea I think.

No comments: