Sunday, August 31, 2008

Shoreham pilot boat.


Pile of Pilot boat bits
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
The pilot boat kit has leapfrogged my Brede build to make it to the workbench. I want to finish the model and enter it in the Model Engineering Show in just over a month. A Brede would be a better boat to go into this with but will take quite a bit longer to complete. This model is me easing myself gently into working at a higher level then normal - which should lead to a better lifeboat in turn.

Over the last few months I've gradually been acquiring some bits to fit the model out from various suppliers. As you can see there is quite a pile - but I'll still have to do a lot of scratchbuilding.

All this to carry on alongside the locomotive builds but in the early stages of this boat there will be a fair bit of leaving things to dry so I need something to occupy my otherwise itchy fingers !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just so happons, i live in shoreham by sea and i see that boat most days

small world