Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Critter in primer


Critter in primer
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
Not being 100% confident of the joins at the cab corners I whacked a coat of primer on the locomotive rather earlier than normal. This highlighted a few very minor areas to be re-filled but generally things were OK.

Happy with this I added the chimney - a nice single part that I think is turned from solid plastic rod. A bit of fiddling with plastic strip and it had one of those sprung caps that exhausts are fitted with to stop the rain going down them. Some may think I've used the part the wrong way up but I prefer the long bit of the pipe to be at the top - and it's my model.

I also spotted some moulded handrails I missed on the lockers which have been scraped off. Finally a new handrail is added at the front from 0.7mm wire. The height was set to match the cab not the bonnet as shown in the kit instructions as the later is too low.

No comments: