Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Bollards


bollards
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
Gotta get some detail on the extension board...

OK if we have boats they need to be tied up at the quayside. That means something to tie them to. That means we need some bollards.

This is easy in 4mm scale - a quick trip to Langley gets some nice cast whitmetal ones. They are a bit big for the smaller scale though. Now if I had a lathe they've be a simple turning job, but I don't. Rigging up an electric drill might work but even easier is raiding the "boat bits" box. A set of Ripmax ships bollard looked about right and with the base chopped off and painted black I think they work.

Lucky for me the designs varied a lot. In fact they may even have been locally manufacturer so no one can complain I've got it wrong.

No comments: