Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Boxing Day Sails


Boxing Day Sailing
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
It’s the last day of my Christmas holiday and the weather is smashing. I could head off with the herd to the local shopping centre to find some “bargains”. I could head off to find some hooray Henries sitting astride horses and looking for foxes to kill (sorry, trails to chase not foxes for legal reasons). Instead I headed off to the boating pond with my Dad to sail for an hour or so.

The water was perfectly flat, the sun shone and there was only the merest hint of a breeze. Puffin was soon on the water, followed by Pigeon Pie once I diagnosed an iffy switch on the transmitter causeing a lack of signal. For future reference, if this happens, try all the switches including the stick reversers as this time one had been knocked to a mid-position.

We sailed for about an hour and a half. Longer than planned but some people came up from the nearby holiday cottage and provided an inquisitive audience. It’s a simple transaction, they ask sensible questions and say nice things about the boats, we answer them properly and keep sailing to provide entertainment. Everyone is happy.

Well, I wouldn’t have found anyhting to fit me in the sales anyway…

No comments: