Friday, September 28, 2007

Chassis Jig


Jinty chassis on jig
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
The Jinty chassis is calling. After thinking I had all the parts it turns out that I’m missing the coupling rods. Not to worry as I can always make up a new set. In the meantime though I assembled the chassis.

To keep everything square I used my Mastermodels chassis jig again. To get the positions I slipped bearings into all the axle holes and set the rods to these. I then fixed the spacers in, building the chassis on the jig as intended. Apparently this will keep things square – it certainly looks good so far.

The slots for the hornblocks were cut out with a piercing saw.

Next the rear bearings were soldered in. Finally the hornblock assemblies went in one at a time with lots of clips to hold things in place while I wielded the soldering iron.

No comments: