Sunday, August 19, 2007

Racing in the rain


Slingshot Bumper
Originally uploaded by
Phil_Parker.
Morning: Visit VeeDub show put on by the Vintage Volkswagen Society at Hatton. A quiet but friendly show. Not a huge number of vehicles attended but there were some goodies. I liked the shortened pickup – it’s for sale too, for £2500. If only the premium bonds had come up this month !
Anyway, for pictures, check my Flickr page.

Afternoon: Boat club BBQ with Slingshot racing. A good afternoon was had by all despite the weather. My boat was running well too. I won the final heat and would have clocked up 20 laps in five minutes had I gone the right side of every buoy and not been docked half a lap.

The Slingshots are gradually getting modified well beyond their RTR origins. The picture shows the bumper I have fitted to mine, which is made from a piece of fuel pipe slit along the centre and glued on with epoxy glue. The Blu-tack is holding it in place while the glue dries.

The bumper stops, or at least limits the damage I could cause to other boats in the hurly-burly of the racing. It hopefully stops me damaging myself if I clobber a buoy on the way round. If nothing else, it brightens up the already pretty loud colour scheme of the boat even more.

No comments: