Monday, July 30, 2007

Rivet problem


Rivet Line
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
Here’s a problem. On Isle of Man locomotives there are several lines of rivets on the tank sides. Unfortunately the whitemetal kit for these locos doesn’t.

So I need to find a way to fix this omission.

If they were bolts I could add them from cubes of plastic stuck in individually. Admittedly I’d go mad doing this but at least it would be possible.

Rivets though are smaller and flatter. They also have a domed profile. How the hell am I going to make these ?

The only think I can think if is drops of PVA glue applied with a syringe but I doubt my ability to let a consistent amount out each time. Perhaps some sort of thick ink would work ? But what sort of pen to use to dot it on the surface ?

Any suggestions ? I admit to being stumped here.

No comments: