Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Celebration


Certificate
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
This is my 400th post to this blog, quite a milestone in a world where most blogs only have two entries:
Entry 1 – “This is my blog”
Entry 2, a month later – “Oh, I haven’t updated my blog. I must do this more often.”
And then nothing.

Anyway, I’m feeling pleased with myself, not for writing this much rubbish and cluttering up cyberspace, but because my 1971 VW Type 2 Campervan passed it’s annual MOT at the first attempt. There was mention of a slightly sticky calliper on the offside front but apart from that, flying colours. Any owner of a classic car will understand the elation I felt at this news.

No it wasn’t a dodgy garage, and I would thank you for keeping such suggestions to yourself.

To be honest I don’t see the point of getting a dodgy MOT. If the vehicle fails then you were going to be in trouble at some point anyway. Better for the brakes not to make the grade on the testers rollers than on a steep hill with you in the front seat. With that seat being so close to the windscreen in a T2, this is something I care about…

My elation was short lived when I discovered on the way home that the fuel gauge was accurate and I really did have very little petrol on board. So little that on every steep hill the engine suffered fuel starvation. There are some very steep hills near the garage and not many places selling petrol, I think I arrived on fumes. Oh well, at least I know to believe the fuel gauge now.

No comments: