Thursday, May 24, 2007

Paint on


painted
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
The basic colours are now all on. I’m particularly pleased with the orange roof – it’s from an old can of Precision paints GWR lining orange. I can’t remember why I bought this but it’s come in useful at last.

Anyway, once painted and named on the back with BEC vinyl letters, I shot some satin varnish over the model.

Finally the floor got a coat of matt greenish paint. Another pot of paint that has lain in the paint drawer for years.

Planning ahead I had cut out the glazing from plastic recovered from shirt collar packaging. This is great stuff, clear and thick and most importantly – free. Good green credentials too. After I cut it I then strengthened the top edge of the windows, so my glazing had to be chopped down. I did at least use canopy glue to stick it in place which is what proper modeller do.

No comments: