Sunday, May 27, 2007

Open day


tomsk steering
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
With Tomsk dried out and working we went along to the boat club’s open day. Needles to say the gods didn’t smile on us and it poured with rain all day.

However the competitions and races still took place. I won my heat in the Slingshot racing – and then some water got into the speed control and the boat wouldn’t work for round two…

Tomsk behaved better in the steering challenge. I had a quick practise during lunch and everything seemed OK. During the proper run he was fine too with not a hint of sinking. The biggest problem was that I went first and didn’t know exactly how far into each bay I had to sail. Everyone else benefited from a proper understanding for the rule, which is my excuse for coming third. Of three.

No comments: