Monday, April 02, 2007

Locomotive display


armstrongcds
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
While reorganising my workshop after a sudden injection of tools, I took the opportunity to give myself some useful shelf space. Not so I can store more stuff, but to allow the display of part completed projects.

Putting a model on display like this means it can be examined at leisure to look for any faults. In my case the CD rack background providing verticals will amplify these so even I can’t ignore them.

On the shelf at the moment is the Armstrong locomotive. It now has the appropriate lumps on top of the boiler. These are fixed with low-melt solder and after a fair bit of fiddling around look pretty vertical. Sighting along the boiler shows them to be pretty much in line as well.

The only major item to be completed is the bogie, which while pretty in a Midland Railway type of way, needs its sideframes to be accurate. Then I get into the real work of detailing the beast.

No comments: