Sunday, January 28, 2007

Nose job


Nose Winch
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
Sunday is sailing day so “Little Miss Minty” needed her nose job.

In other words I stuck one of the spare winches back on the front of the boat.

The resin casting was cleaned up by gentle application of a big file. Not much work was required, as the casting was pretty good to start with - just a little flash needed attention on the base, the rest was perfect. I then painted it with matt aluminium from the Humbrol range. All the other fittings are painted the same although they have been varnished so look a little different. I’ll notice this and so will you now I’ve told you, but no one else will.

Once dry a dab of superglue and Minty’s nose is restored. If I can avoid the buoys she’ll not need attention again.

No comments: