Sunday, August 06, 2006

The future is light up light switches


It glows !
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
One of the benefits of all this model making is that I’m not bad at DIY jobs – or at least I’m not scared of them.

The Problem: The garage is dark and it’s difficult to find the light switch.

Solution: Fit a light switch glowing thing. Now I can find the switch easily !

Of course this was partly influenced by finding the glowey thing on a car boot table and thinking, “Wow, how fantastic is that, glowing light switches !”. Best fun I’ve had for 30p for a long while. Perhaps I need to get out more.

Technical note: The glowey thing is a plastic plate that fits behind the switch. It’s got two lamps in it and wires straight into the switch. It comes from MK but I’ve never seen one before. Bit fiddly to fit but worth the effort.

No comments: