Sunday, May 07, 2006

Ready to launch


Ready to launch
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
It’s been painted, stickered and varnished. The driver has been primed, filled, painted, adjusted to fit his seat properly and re-painted. Finally the Tomkat is finished.

And I think it looks pretty good. It’s certainly going to stand out on the water !

Next job is to make sure it still works. I’ve a habit on locomotive chassis of getting paint where paint shouldn’t be. This quickly wears away and all is well but I’m not sure the same thing applies on a boat. Mind you I don’t care about the slow running characteristics of this model – in fact I don’t want it to have any at all !

Before sailing I fancy a coat of car wax on the bottom to protect the paint from water and make it extra slippery on the lake. Not sure if it really makes a difference but I think this is what proper boat racers are supposed to do so I’ll see how it goes. As long as it doesn’t sink I’ll be happy.

No comments: